At only 41-years-old, Kibra MP Ken Okoth lost the fight for his life as he battled Colorectal cancer, which was at stage four. By then, cancer had spread to Okoth’s liver.
The Mp died today evening in ICU.
Sleep well mheshimiwa: Kibra MP Ken Okoth dies in ICU
He was being treated for Colorectal also is known as bowel cancer and colon cancer is the development of cancer from the colon or rectum (parts of the large intestine).
Speaking about his diagnosis in the past Ken said,
I was diagnosed with stage four colorectal cancer with metastases to the liver.
Details of Acute Myeloid Leukemia from which Bob Collymore died from
The major signs and symptoms for this ailment include.
- changes in bowel habits
- diarrhea or constipation
- a feeling that the bowel does not empty properly after a bowel movement
- blood in faeces that makes stools look black
- bright red blood coming from the rectum
- pain and bloating in the abdomen
- a feeling of fullness in the abdomen, even after not eating for a while.
- fatigue or tiredness
- unexplained weight loss
- a lump in the abdomen or the back passage felt by your doctor
- unexplained iron deficiency in men, or in women after menopause
According to Medical news today treatment of Colorectal cancer depends on several factors, including the size, location, and stage of cancer, whether or not it is recurrent, and the current overall state of health of the patient.
Treatment options include chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and surgery.